Thursday, April 21, 2011

an LA visit

I've been in LA visiting my family. The highlight was celebrating my mom's 70th birthday in tiny little Avalon on Catalina Island. I also gave myself permission to take off solo for a weekend to visit two of my closest friends in northern California. Once all the traveling was over I had a week to soak up the local flavor at some of my favorite spots: the San Gabriel Mission, The Natural History Museum, The Armory Center for the Arts, and Kidspace Museum. There was also time for my nephew's little league games, plenty of Mexican and Asian food, and a decadent afternoon spent in full pamper mode at the Olympic Day Spa in Koreatown (this was INCREDIBLE!). I'll leave it at that for now and hoping that you all are having an enjoyable spring wherever you might be!


from top to bottom: mission bells, catalina tiles, Avalon, California cacti (this could be Sicily!), poppies, butterfly pavilion at the Natural History Museum

3 comments:

  1. Ah - you were in my hood perhaps?! I hope we gave you some sunny days, it's been so rainy this year. Glad you had a wonderful time, and welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Logve the catalina tiles and cacti. How romantic that there's an Avalon Island there! Buona Pasqua to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad Olympic Spa made the blog! Can't wait to do it again in January. love you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!