Monday, March 9, 2009

Ionian Turquoise


The sea is such a spectacular color today I had to take a picture. Normally the water along this part of the Sicilian coast is a deep blue. Rarely have I seen it look so crystalline and turquoise and it is just amazing! I feel lucky to be able to see the water from my house and I climbed up to the roof to get as much blue in the camera as possible. The air is crisp and breezy, the sun is shining and almost warms you up enough to take off the coat, the sea is flat and sparkling. Spring is definitely arriving! If only my son's never ending cold would go away so we could start out on some long-awaited spring adventures...

5 comments:

  1. Has the weather been stormy? I remember that colour from home, Tuscany, usually on the day after a sea storm. Beautiful emerald-turquoise shade. You are lucky to live in such a beautiful place...
    I love all your photos and writings, dear Lost in Sicily!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Valeria! you are right, the weather was a little stormy, so maybe that is the cause of that beautiful color. It didn't last long, today it is back to its normal deep blue. I am curious about the Tuscan coast you call home, I have seen some beautiful coastline there too. Ciao, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful view. Did you really climb up to the roof with camera in hand? You are a committed blogger! Hope the little one gets well soon, I want to read about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sometimes this is what i find most captivating about where i live - i am driving by the sea which is close to our house, and a brilliant view is thrown into my face - it's a very uplifting feeling

    ReplyDelete
  5. How interesting. I was down along the coast in Naples on Saturday and my husband and I were blown away by the color of the water. We too had never seen it soooo green!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!